Saturday, November 7, 2015

PROJECT COMPLETED: Kato Sound Box

Sorry I haven't been posting in a while. But two weeks ago, I purchased the Kato Sound Box. It works great with my N scale trains! Setting up the Kato Sound Box to the layout was easy. I loved the sounds which make it very realistic to the actual diesel/steam locomotives. The Sound Box does run it in HO Scale too. Since I don't run that scale, I don't have much feedback on that. In the Kato Sound Box package comes with a 1st Generation Diesel sound card. It would work best on a diesel locomotive such as an F3, E8 or an F7. There are also three different types of horns available on the sound card and I chose different horns that would fit that locomotive. I also purchased another sound card that Kato had available which was the GS-4/FEF-3 sound card. I had to get it because I have BOTH of those steam locomotives. When I listened to the whistles, I was able to switch from the famous GS-4 whistle to the FEF-3 whistle. There is also a air horn that 4449 has. The air horn is included in the sound card as well. I rarely use it but it's nice to have. I still use the Sound Box whenever I run my trains especially with the GS-4 and the FEF-3. It's so worth my money. I can't wait to add more sound cards to the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment